What the heck does that mean?

All about working as a waiter, pursuing my dream, eating vegetarian, and loving where I live!

Monday, July 26, 2010

First Post - WOW!

I'm an actor/waiter.  
Yes, I am female and I call myself an actor and a waiter (as opposed to feminizing it all with an "ess").
I have a recurring conversation at work that goes something like this:

TABLE: So... are you from Los Angeles?
ME: No...not originally.
TABLE: Oh. So, what are you doing out here?
ME: (Derisive laugh) I'm sure you can guess. I'm a living cliché.

So there you have it.  I'm trying to live the "big dream" and for the most part, I love it.

P.S.
My title for this first post made me think of this song by Gogol Bordello...
"so you want to be a model? all you have to do is show up... WOW!" 
There's a lot of shit like that in L.A. too

P.P.S.
I really, really love Gogol Bordello. Although, if he came into my restaurant, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to wait on him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment