What the heck does that mean?

All about working as a waiter, pursuing my dream, eating vegetarian, and loving where I live!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tattoos and Acting

I love tattoos. I love checking out tattoo galleries, gawking at beautiful sleeves, laughing at really hideous ones... And I love imagining the gorgeous ones I'd like to get. Buuuut...as it is, I have but one tattoo. And it's not so awesome.

I'm sorry. My foot looks disgusting here.
It's a Chinese character that means "drama." As in theatre drama, not baby mama drama. And yes, that is what it means... I did my research first. 

I got this tattoo when I was 18 and had been dreaming of it for probably two years before I got it. And now? I'm not that crazy about it. I don't know why I got Chinese instead of Japanese. I don't have any profound interest in Chinese culture or have much of a desire to visit China. At least I had an exchange student in high school who was Japanese and we're still good friends. I'm much more interested in that culture and would LOVE to visit Japan some day. So why did I get the character in Chinese? I have no idea. It's also not an especially pretty tattoo.

I've thought about covering it with a different one...but then again... that tattoo represents me at a certain point in my life and it's very inconspicuous. And that brings me to the point of this post:

As an actor, it's probably a huge mistake to get any more tattoos.

The reason my current tattoo is so small and on the inside of my ankle is because it's easy to hide and will rarely be seen. But that's not much fun, is it? I think about the tattoos I'd like constantly. I have an entire folder on my computer of inspirations for my dream tattoos. *sigh*

Unless you're Angelina Jolie and big enough that a producer won't care that you need an extra two hours in the makeup chair... it would really suck to be limited to certain roles or to be passed up for parts just because of some body art.

(the pictures I posted aren't literally tattoos I'd want...just ideas...*double sigh*)

No comments:

Post a Comment