Why is this?
I don't know. But what I do know is that Sundays are often my least favorite and most frustrating day of the week. That's why we, at my restaurant, sarcastically refer to this blessed sacred day as "Sunday Funday." Blech, blech, blech.
Today, I had to start asking for my manager's card after the first course. They ordered two additional rounds of appetizers and salads alone. I never imagined they would eat so much.
At least those people were nice and tipped very well. I didn't mind that so much.
But one of the last tables to get sat in my section was so irritating that I just gave it away to a PM person. I'm still mad about them so I don't feel much like typing it all out, but I'll give the highlights...
|Is this enough butter for you?|
- Eating all the bread and butter before I'm back with their drinks
- Asking for LOTS of extra sardines with their Caesar salad
- Demanding "Can we get that butter?" right after I put in their order. I never went farther than four feet from their table from the first time they asked.
- Sucking down all their beverages in five minutes. Over and over and over.
- Informing me that the kitchen better get, "Like, 40 gallons of caramel sauce ready for their dessert because I, like, drink it straight." I laughed and she said, "No. Seriously."
- When I went to get them more marinara sauce ("like, two more bowls?") for their calamari, another server heard them ask, "where is that girl?" and look around for me.