What the heck does that mean?

All about working as a waiter, pursuing my dream, eating vegetarian, and loving where I live!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I expected as much...

On Monday I waited on a couple of very kooky guys. One of the guys was so hyper and manic that I could barely follow most of what he was saying. But he was funny and lightened up the evening.

Turns out he was an actor/writer type and right before they left, he gave me the name and number of his agent and his agent's assistant at the Osbrink Agency. Osbrink is a pretty big agency and the name/number were legit. Crazy Guy (Keith, as it turns out) told me he was going to call them the next day and recommend me and told me to call them in a couple of days.

He was crazy. True. But I figured, what have I got to lose?

What happened when I called was pretty much what I was expecting. They asked me why I was calling, didn't give a shit that I mentioned one of their current clients, and told me that if I wanted to submit, to do it like everyone else and promptly booted me off the phone to one of their pre-recorded messages.

Yep. That's pretty much what I was expecting. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment