What the heck does that mean?

All about working as a waiter, pursuing my dream, eating vegetarian, and loving where I live!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Keeping Me Honest

Besides bitching about waiting tables (and there will be plenty of that, trust me),
the main point of this blog is to KEEP ME HONEST.

This means, it's easy to slack off when there's no one clear path for pursuing a career. There are only about one million ways to go about it. I've heard before that as an actor, you should do at least one thing every day to further your career. That's pretty good advice. It doesn't seem like much, but before you know it, a whole week, a month, a year has gone by and you still haven't done anything except be a waiter.

So this blog is also about me giving updates on what I'm doing as an actor.

Today:
Wow. So much accomplished... see why I need this?? At least right now I can say that for the past two months I've been helping monitor an acting class (I get paid to do this, can you believe it?) and soon I'm going to be helping a friend film his short. Six days in the desert and I get to be production coordinator. WOW.

That's not acting. I know. It's production coordinating. OK, it's bitch work. But it's something and my friend needs the help, so there I am. This has been a common thing with me, sadly. I say I'm an actor but you should see my imdb page. *sigh*

I do a lot of favors for people. What can I say? Hopefully, it will all come around in the end.

The good news is that the busier I am, the more productive I am. Back before I got my current waiter job, I spent a year doing extra work and I got NOTHING done. Except rack up that massive debt and become SAG eligible.

So, in closing... I'm hoping that blogging makes me a more productive actor.

Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment